$500.00 Yoga for Osteoporosis Certification Course
Yoga For Osteoporosis Certification Course
This 20-hour certification course with Dr. Loren Fishman and Liz Larson will be taught in a hybrid format. You may attend via Live-Stream OR In-Studio (For those who are fully vaccinated.)
This course has been approved by the Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 1.8 CEU's.
Learn to teach others yoga poses shown to reverse osteoporosis, a condition affecting 54 million Americans and more than 200 million people worldwide. This valuable knowledge will benefit you and others in your community throughout your lives. Yoga improves bone mineral density and bone quality, as per Dr. Fishman’s 10-year study. It also improves your balance, posture, strength, range of motion and coordination, and lowers your anxiety: all factors that further reduce your risk of fracture, and none of which you get with any medicine. New poses for scoliosis complement this program.
Join Dr. Fishman and Liz Larson, RYT-200, in this 20-hour course (in-person or online) to gain a deeper understanding of bone health and how yoga works to prevent and reverse bone loss. This program could be of special interest to yoga teachers, therapists, and health-care professionals.
· 5 years experience and a 200-hour certification in yoga teaching **
· Pass the practicum at the end of the workshop
· Grade of 70 or above on written test at end of course.
· Those who complete this course and already have five years experience teaching yoga are considered “certified.” Certified teachers are eligible to serve as teachers in Dr. Fishman’s medical study examining the effects of yoga on osteoporosis.
· **Those who complete this course and who have less than five years’ experience teaching yoga are considered “registered.” Once they have taught yoga for five years, they are automatically considered “certified” and are then eligible to serve as teachers in Dr. Fishman’s medical study examining the effects of yoga on osteoporosis.
· Some exceptions to the 5-year teaching requirement may be made for physicians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.
Those participants who complete the course (either as registered or certified teachers), will have the option to
have their names listed on Dr. Fishman’s website, sciatica.org.
This program is approved for 20 CEUs by the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). Through group discussion, physical movement, hands-on experience, and one-on-one sharing, you’ll learn:
- How to teach beginner, intermediate, and classical versions of the 12 yoga poses proven to reverse osteoporosis
- How to evaluate your students’ levels of ability and effort, and the art of advancing people from one level to the next
- The four types of scoliosis and what to do about them
The workshop presents a non-drug solution to a growing national and international problem. Take home the knowledge, skills, and certification to successfully reverse osteoporosis and establish good bone health in yourself and your students.
Fully vaccinated students may attend In-Person at The Yoga Center of Columbia. Those who are not fully vaccinated, or more comfortable to stay online should opt to attend Live-Streamed via Zoom.
Note: You do not need to be a yoga teacher to attend.
Open to everyone - all levels of yoga experience, including no previous experience.
Loren Fishman, MD, B.Phil.,(oxon.) After graduating from Christ Church, Oxford and spending the year 1973 with Mr. Iyengar in Pune, Loren M. Fishman graduated from Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical School, completed a Tufts-Harvard Residency program, and then served as Chief Resident in Rehabilitation at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Fishman has been listed in Castle and Connolly’s “Best Doctors” more than 10 times. Dr. Fishman also has a private practice in Manhattan. His twelve books include the best-selling Yoga for Osteoporosis, and Yoga for Arthritis (W.W. Norton), with Ellen Saltonstall, Yoga and Multiple Sclerosis with Eric Small, and Healing Yoga: Yoga Cures for 20 Common Conditions. www.sciatica.org or manhattanphysicalmedicine.com. Dr. Fishman’s assistant, Liz Larson, RYT 200, is a precise and intuitive teacher who has worked with Dr. Fishman for 5 years.
Loren Fishman, MD
Loren Fishman, MD, B.Phil.,(oxon.) After graduating from Christ Church, Oxford, spending the year 1973
with Mr. Iyengar in Pune, Loren M. Fishman, M.D graduated from Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical School, was
in a Tufts-Harvard Residency program, and then as Chief Resident in Rehabilitation at the Albert Einstein College of
Medicine. Dr. Fishman has been listed in Castle and Connolly’s “Best Doctors” more than 10 times. Dr. Fishman
also has a private practice in Manhattan. His twelve books include the best-selling Yoga for Osteoporosis and Yoga
for Arthritis (W.W. Norton), with Ellen Saltonstall, Yoga and Multiple Sclerosis with Eric Small, and Healing YogaYoga Cures for 20 Common Conditions, his most recent. w
Liz Larson, RYT200, is the study administrator for Dr. Loren Fishman’s current dose-response study
examining the effects of yoga on osteoporosis. She is a former librarian and researcher whose career has
spanned both the arts and the sciences. Liz is passionate about using yoga to improve health, arguably our
most valuable resource. She completed her 200-hr YTT at Pure Yoga in NYC, has an MLS from Pratt Institute,
a BA from Grinnell College, and has studied with Dr. Fishman for five years.